Our vision at FutureMe is for you to connect young people to the world of work. We believe that young people have the potential to transform the future of business. –And to become the future talent businesses need, they need to develop their self-awareness, work-readiness skills and knowledge of careers
We are a social enterprise that transforms young people into motivated, work-ready talent. Our approach ensures that they are ready to enter the workforce. We do this through our holistic, technology-enabled work-readiness programmes for young people in high school, tertiary education and beyond.
In this User Agreement, the terms below have the following meanings:
- “FutureMe”, “we”, “us”, and “our” means FutureMe Holdings (Pty) Limited of 24 Cornuta Avenue, Tokai, Cape Town, 7966, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and/or authorised representatives.
- “Services” means the career and development initiatives developed and offered by FutureMe. These include, but are not limited to, online activities such as populating your CV and helping you to develop and maintain a portfolio of your skill set, work experience, hobbies, etc., as well as providing you with information of our employer/corporate panel, education and other partners, job and career information and awareness building, job and workplace exposure opportunities (for example job shadowing), and workplace skills material. Our online capability is supplemented by face-to-face engagements from time to time, such as bootcamps, events and festivals, and psychometric testing and feedback. If you are a teacher, the Services will include self-development and work awareness workshops.
- “Site” means our internet websites at www.futureme.org.za and https://app.futureme.org.za, and references to the “Site” includes the “Services” unless expressly otherwise stated.
- “you” and “your” mean the user of the Site.
FutureMe recognises the importance of protecting your privacy in respect of your personal information (as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013) collected by us when you use our Site or when you contact FutureMe electronically. FutureMe is committed to protecting and preserving the personal information of all visitors to our Site.
FutureMe respects your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, FutureMe takes all reasonable measures, in accordance with this policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential.
The general principles which we apply when dealing with your personal information are the following:
- FutureMe will only disclose, collate and process (“use”) your personal information with your express written permission unless we are legally required to do so, and will only electronically use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required,
- If you are under the age of 18 years and you use the Site, consent for the lawful processing of your personal information is required from your parent or guardian or a competent person.
- FutureMe will disclose in writing the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it. FutureMe will not use your personal information for any purpose, other than that disclosed to you, unless you give FutureMe your express written permission to do so, or unless FutureMe is permitted or required to do so by law.
- By using the Site, registering or enjoying the benefit of the Services, or contacting FutureMe electronically, you hereby provide FutureMe with your express written permission to share certain of your personal information within the FutureMe group of companies, in the ordinary course of FutureMe’s business, including for purposes of providing you with the Services.
- If you, or your parent or guardian or a competent person, as the case may be, do not agree to the processing of your personal information as provided for herein, then please do not continue to use the Site.
What we mean by Personal Information
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you.
How we collect your Personal Information
Whenever you complete an application form, contact FutureMe electronically, or use the Services, facilities, tools or utilities offered by FutureMe on the Site, FutureMe will collect your personal information.
The purpose: why we collect and use Personal Information
We need to collect your personal information in order for you to make your use of the Site and the Services, facilities, tools or utilities offered by us in a productive and meaningful manner.
The following are some of the reasons (i.e. disclosed reasons) why FutureMe would collect your personal information:
- In order for FutureMe to process your instructions or requests
Your privacy is important to us and we will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties for their independent use, without your prior consent.
If at any stage after you have given FutureMe your consent you no longer wish FutureMe to use your personal information, you may withdraw your consent by sending an email to email@example.com.
Protection of your Personal Information
FutureMe values the information that you provide to us and will therefore take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or access. Your information is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality thereof.
Safeguarding of your Personal Information
FutureMe will take all appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of your personal information or unlawful access to or processing of your personal information.
Our technical and organisational personal data security measures include:
- the storage of your personal data under password-secured databases;
- the restriction of access to your personal data to specific staff/personnel who are designated and mandated to manage your personal data;
- the restriction of access to all our premises where your personal data is stored in physical or digital form; and
- the binding of any third parties who handle your personal data to confidentiality obligations with respect to the same.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
FutureMe will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete.
We suggest that you regularly update your personal information. You can request access to any of your personal information that is held by us at any time and for any purpose, including to request that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or delete the personal information if we are no longer required to retain it by law or for a legitimate purpose.
You can also object to the processing of all or part of your personal data subject to any limitations to this right provided in the law.
Requests to access Personal Information held on you in accordance with this Policy can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing of Personal Information by FutureMe with a third party
FutureMe may disclose your Personal Information to our third-party service providers, where necessary. You consent to FutureMe disclosing your personal information to these third parties for such purposes.
FutureMe requires that our service providers take appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to keep your Personal Information secure.
In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- When such disclosure is necessary to protect the legitimate interests (safety, property or other rights) of FutureMe, our directors, employees, consultants, or any other person, or where required or permitted by law; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
If at any stage after you have given FutureMe your consent you no longer wish FutureMe to disclose your personal information to these third parties, you may withdraw your consent by sending an email to email@example.com and we will then no longer make your information available to them.
Lodging a complaint
You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal information and to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We however suggest that you first contact us in order to address your concern. Our email address for this purpose is email@example.com.
Changing your Data Permissions
You are entitled to change or withdraw your data permissions. Our email address for this purpose is firstname.lastname@example.org.